SHELLHARBOUR BRANCH of the
SYDNEY WOODCARVING GROUP INC.
will meet Monday 2nd July, 2018 at 9.30am - 1.30pm
in the Clubhouse, Wilga Close, Albion Park Rail
Agenda for Monday’s meeting:-
1. The Workshop on Sharpeningwas well attended and very well received. Thanks Kevin.
2. The Dust Collection System for the Foyer has progressed.
3. Thanks to Members who have taken Raffle Tickets to sell. Frank is arranging days at Warilla Grove to sell. Mick Falvey has arranged to sell outside IGA at Oak Flats next Saturday 30th June. Can any member who lives near-by help Mick to sell tickets - contact Mick or Frank if able to help out (or email Sandra who can send the message to their email addresses).
4. Council was contacted asking if they could check and tag our Electrical cords, machines etc. The Officer contacted Frank and informed him it was the Woodcarvers responsibility to organise an Electrician to do the job and Woodcarvers would have to pay for it. They offered to arrange one to give us a quote. Does any Member know a licensed Electrician who could help out?
5. The proposal to put the Shed outside the Foyer to hold the Dust Collection Unit is being considered, one of our Members has come up with another idea, which would be more beneficial and cut out having to go through Council.
6. One of our members, John, wants to turn some Mallets for us, and he asking if any member has some Cotoneaster Timber for him to use in making the Mallets.
Since the birth of our first grandchild, Hugo Charles Hamblen, my brain is almost working properly again, however we are going away for about 6 weeks from the middle of July. Hopefully we will be able to arrange for you to receive the newsletters for both August meetings.
Subject: New home for dolphins
We thought that you would like to know that we have installed the dolphins in our front yard, they can see the ocean.
Congratulations to your team on the superb wood carvings
regards frank and christa