SHELLHARBOUR BRANCH of the
SYDNEY WOODCARVING GROUP INC.
will meet Saturday 16th March 2019 at 9.30am - 1.30pm
in the Clubhouse, Wilga Close, Albion Park Rail
Have a look at the Website: sydneywoodcarving.org
Some items for Saturday Meeting:
1. Frank has booked Shellharbour Arts Space for 25th to 28th April. Five of our members indicated they would take part. We are encouraging all members to display their carvings or pyrography items. Unfortunately it tends to be a quiet few days - great facilities, wrong position. There will be a door raffle to raise funds, $1.00 per ticket.
2. Sydney Woodcarving Committee will make enquiries about the TWWWSspace, costs, etc. with the view of participating, It will be held at Rosehill Racecourse, James Ruse Drive, Rosehill,on the 7th to 9th June. Peter Kruger has made enquiries and is negotiating with organisers.
3. At our next meeting a Safety Talk will be given. This is in compliance with our requirements to Fair Trading. It will be spread over 2 meetings and Friday Group. For those members who missed out, please contact Jim or Frank.
4. Pyrography Workshop will be held on22nd and 29th March, both on a Friday. Please put your names down on the sheet if you wish to come. If you have a Burning Machine please bring it along as we do not have sufficient machines. All materials and artwork will be supplied.
5. Illawarra Festival Of Wood. Frank had an e-mail which was read out at Monday Meeting, and it seems it will be bigger and better.
6. Dust collection unit is progressing, and the new Bandsaw is now at club house. Frank asked for names to cut out timber for Members. Jim, Warren, Grahame, Erwin, Sandra put their names forward. It will relieve the pressure on Jim and Warren, who do all the cutting out at present. It means the above members will be available to cut out for other members if asked. No other member is authorised to cut out onlyJim, Warren, Grahame, Erwin.
7. There are past copies of the British Carving Magazine for sale, $1.00 each. Money goes to club.
8. 13 jars of Shellac have been made up for members. $5.00 per jar.
9. A letter has been sent to Oak Flats Bowling Club asking to waive the fees for the room for Christmas Party, on Saturday 16th November, 2019 - this has also been booked.
10. A large piece of timber has been donated to the club, and suggestion put forward is a “Sea Theme”.
11. John Unwin contacted Frank, he will bring a trailer load of timber to our Saturday Meeting for members to buy.
Lots to do!
Subject: New home for dolphins
We thought that you would like to know that we have installed the dolphins in our front yard, they can see the ocean.
Congratulations to your team on the superb wood carvings
regards frank and christa