SHELLHARBOUR BRANCH of the
SYDNEY WOODCARVING GROUP INC.
will meet onSATURDAY 21st OCTOBER2017 at 9.30am - 1.30pm
in the Clubhouse, Wilga Close, Albion Park Rail
Some items for Saturday Meeting:
1. Christmas Party. Saturday 18th November.This will be held at Oak Flats Bowling Club, the same venue as last year. The Club has waived the Booking Fee and the cost this year for meals is $28.50. Shellharbour Members will be subsidised by our Group at $10.00 per head, same as every year. As we have a lot to do before then, and the Christmas Party is approaching quickly, we must have the money in to pay the Club - it will be due2 weeks before the 18th(i.e. on Friday 3rdNovember or at the latest on Monday 6th November. Frank will present a sheet at this Saturday‘s meeting for members to put theirnames down, and names of their Partners, and he can accept the money in advance.
2. We have purchased a Dust Collection system, costing $200.00 recently. As we have been very busy, we now have some spare time where we can connect the system up. It will mean all our machines will have dust collection facilities.
3. Killalea. Our Dolphins were very well received by the public, and the day at Shellharbour Square was successful. The Saturday at Killalea was busy, and members sold items. Thanks to our Members who set up the Dolphins and supported the Exhibition. Three small Tables were bought for the future, cost $135.00.
4. The Steering Committee has been looking at our Kiama Old Fire Station Exhibition. It is their intention to re-vamp the Exhibition, bring it up to date and change the display visually. Some very good ideas have been brought to the table. Frank is asking all members who wish to take part to consider what is proposed and work with the Committee. A schematic has been drawn up and will be on display. The Steering Committee has approved the schematic plan of the Fire Station with names to Tables. More names are required for taking monies and wrapping items. It is imperative that whenever an item is sold it is recorded in a book. Frank will show money takershow to record sales.
5. Ideas are being sought on our Dolphins, do we sell and where? Frank has contacted Dolphin Watch, Jervis Bay.
6. The Diorama will try and be sold at Kiama, either as a whole piece or individually. A price has been put forward as a complete set.
7. The Guitar Raffle Tickets are selling well. We will have to order more for Kiama. If you have any books sold or partly sold please return them to Jim with the money. Jim requires an idea on how many books sold.
8. A suggestion will be put to the Steering Committee regarding a Major Project for next year. It will involve the Pyrographers, who will be asked do the project for our Group, with costs covered by Group.
9. We have a new Business Card designed by an Artist for our Group. At present we still have cards to use up. The new design will be given to the Steering Committee for approval, and if approved, then we will get a price on them.
10. DECISIONS: Do we do a BBQ at Bunnings early next year? We will need to nominate soon.
See you Saturday.